Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I like where you are



My words, be strong and sweet
When you reach the place where phone calls meet.

I hope that they swing loud and far
Across the world to where you are
My friend, my love, my calling
Words can run without falling
But I cannot run very far

If I ran to you, my lungs would fail
my muscles are too weak, my legs too frail
But words are the athletes I can never be
they push boundaries, break hearts, and hopefully


they’ll do the thing my track skills never could
and make us universally understood.
                                                         
You like where I am
I wish for where you are
but your voice at least is never very far
because cables run underneath the sea
and carry all your words to me.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!